- Why are you having the meeting?
- What are the alternatives?
- Who needs to attend?
- What preparation is needed?
- Are they giving or receiving information?
- Outline for the agenda.
- How many topics?
- Appropriate time and place for audience.
- Call-in numbers for those off-site.
- Food and other distractions.
- Choose meeting time and location (when will it least impact productivity)?
- Send meeting notification, include agenda.
- Focus on goal of meeting and control discussion.
- Fair to all attendees (Robert’s Rules).
- Offline items.
- Encourage participation – positive reinforcement.
- Review actions – due dates and who is responsible.
- Summary of progress toward goal, next steps, future meetings.
- Prompt follow-up!
- Document meetings.
- Get information and respond to off-line items.
Learn to Listen; Listen to Learn.
Return to the Keys Page to see how to work through other issues with your team or individuals.
Success is One Click Away!Sign Up Now!
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.