Team Conflict Resolution
- Are you sure it needs to be addressed?
- What will happen if this is not addressed?
- How can you turn this into a positive?
- Is this urgent?
- Plan meeting time and location.
- Develop an agenda.
- Think about amount of notice to send.
- Choose meeting time and location (when will it least impact productivity)?
- Send meeting notification, include agenda.
- Have each team member describe the situation from their perspective.
- Collaborate to achieve consensus.
- Brainstorm for solutions.
- Out of the box.
- Quantity not quality.
- Resolve action items.
- Review actions (due date, responsibility, communication protocol).
- Be positive.
- Set metrics.
- Set follow-up meeting (have suggested dates ahead of time, even as part of agenda).
The longer you wait the worse it will get.
Return to the Keys Page to see how to work through other issues with your team or individuals.
Success is One Click Away!Sign Up Now!
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.