When You Need Buy-In or Support
- What, Who, Why.
- For what are you looking for support?
- Who does it affect?
- Why would they support it (benefits, risks)?
- Cost – Schedule – Requirements – Risk – Logistics – Any question that may be asked.
- What environmental factors affect decision making?
- Plan the meeting accordingly.
- Choose meeting time and location (when will it least impact productivity)?
- Send meeting notification, include agenda.
- Required attendees.
- Decision maker.
- People with information necessary for the decision.
- Interactive or broadcast style.
- Explain how proposal affects attendees; get involvement and discussion.
- Impact to organization.
- Benefits to team(s) or individuals(s).
- Ask clarifying questions.
- Address risk; what support is needed (specific, written, can it be done there?)
- Communication protocol.
- Specific actions.
Express gratitude and enthusiasm.
Return to the Keys Page to see how to work through other issues with your team or individuals.
Success is One Click Away!Sign Up Now!
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.