- How is this performance affecting the team?
- How is this performance affecting the individual?
- Is change possible and within their control?
- Does this behavior warrant corrective action?
- What is the company policy?
- What will happen if corrective action is not taken?
- Is there a performance issue, what is the cause?
- Is the cause related to the work environment?
- Is it a training issue?
- Is the expectation within the employee’s capabilities?
- Is there a process involved?
- Is it being followed?
- Does the process work?
- Are there legal issues?
- Do you need HR advice or input?
- Performance problems must be addressed promptly.
- Communicate the meeting time.
- Plan the best time and place in accordance with their schedule.
- Explain the courses of action that are available.
- Get input and suggestions from the individual.
- Discuss next steps.
- Have person sign anything necessary.
- Is HR involved?
Show your support and surround this with good.
Return to the Keys Page to see how to work through other issues with your team or individuals.
Success is One Click Away!Sign Up Now!
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.