- Know what you need.
- Know what you want.
- Do research.
- Pros and cons.
- Understand what you can and cannot give.
- How much authority do you have?
- Set meeting with enough time to complete the discussion.
- Understand their authority.
- Are you speaking with the correct person?
- Try to let them go first.
- Discuss what you want.
- Listen to response, take notes.
- Discuss what you can give.
- Back and forth, until you reach agreement.
Do not go above your limit or below your needs!
Return to the Keys Page to see how to work through other issues with your team or individuals.
Success is One Click Away!Sign Up Now!
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.